Who are Future Teaching Scholars?
- a £15,000 grant whilst you study for your Maths- or Physics-related degree and become expert in your chosen subject
- a place on a salaried Initial Teacher Training (ITT) course, tailored to your needs, resulting in the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- extensive personal and professional development support for six years based in outstanding Teaching Schools including:
- national and regional events exclusively for Future Teaching Scholars
- exciting school-based activities during your undergraduate years
- opportunities to be involved in research to improve Maths and Physics teaching
- a pre-ITT course in the summer after you graduate
- support in finding your first teaching job after achieving QTS
- membership of an elite cohort of Future Teaching Scholars Apply now!
The Future Teaching Scholars programme is a new and exciting route into teaching. It's designed for exceptional students who plan to study a Maths- or Physics-related degree at university. Applications are now open for those planning to start university in Autumn 2018. Spaces are limited, apply as soon as possible for the best chance of getting your place.
Apply for £15k grant
Successful applicants will be awarded a valuable scholarship package that includes: