We’re interested in employing a Scholar
I’m a Scholar on the programme - undergraduate phase
- How will the EU referendum result affect my place on the programme?
- I have already taken and passed my skills tests in literacy and numeracy. Will these still be valid when I begin my initial teacher training?
- What costs will I incur as part of the programme?
- How will the Future Teaching Scholars grant affect student finance?
- If I do not complete the programme what happens to the grant?
- What are my responsibilities as a Future Teaching Scholar?
- What can I spend my grant on?
- What happens if I move universities or want to move to a different part of the country during the programme?
- What impact will the Future Teaching Scholars programme have on my degree?
- What kind of schools will I teach in?
- What support do I get as a Future Teaching Scholar?
- What types of things will I do on the programme when I am an undergraduate? Who organises these activities and events?
I'm a Scholar on the programme - ITT and NQT phase
- How much teaching can I expect to start with in my ITT year?
- I’m looking to move to a different area to my current Regional Training Centre – how does this work?
- I’ve heard about the Employer School application process – how does this work?
- I’ve applied to a school – what happens next?
- I’ve secured a teaching job for my ITT year – when do I start?
- What extra support will I get as a Future Teaching Scholar during my salaried teacher training?
- How does the Future Teaching Scholars programme relate to the PGCE route?
- How do I apply for the Future Teaching Scholars programme?
- How much can I earn as a teacher? What are my career prospects?
- What is a Regional Training Centre?
- What is an Assessment Centre?
- What undergraduate degrees can Scholars study?
If after reading the FAQs you have any further questions about the Future Teaching Scholars programme, please get in touch with the team.
You can also print off the FAQs using the handy printer friendly version.