The Future Teaching Scholars programme is challenging and will require a big commitment from you, so you may have questions about the programme. If after reading the FAQs, you have any further questions about the Future Teaching Scholars programme, please get in touch with the team. You can also print off the FAQs using the handy printer friendly version.
If you want to find out more about the exciting career of teaching and whether it is right for you, have a look at the Why teach? pages of the Get Into Teaching website.
Application & Assessment Centre
Learning Experiences & Teacher Training
- I have already taken and passed my skills tests in literacy and numeracy. Will these still be valid when I begin my initial teacher training?
- How does the Future Teaching Scholars programme relate to the PGCE route?
- What is a Regional Training Centre?
- What kind of schools will I teach in?
- What types of things will I do on the programme when I am an undergraduate? Who organises these activities and events?
Grant & Student Finance
- Are there other routes into teaching?
- What extra support will I get as a Future Teaching Scholar during my salaried teacher training?
- What happens if I move universities or want to move to a different part of the country during the programme?
- What impact will the Future Teaching Scholars programme have on my degree?
- What support will I get as a Future Teaching Scholar?
- When I have qualified as a teacher, what are the benefits of being a Future Teaching Scholar?