Frequently Asked Questions

Back to list

What happens if I move universities or want to move to a different part of the country during the programme?

Most participants are likely to remain geographically stable during their undergraduate degree and will be based at the same Regional Training Centre (RTC) for the first three years of the programme. If you move universities for whatever reason, you will be assigned to the nearest RTC. It is more likely that you may need to transfer between RTCs as you secure your ITT place with a partner school (in year 4 of the programme), and then again when you gain employment as a newly-qualified teacher and beyond (years 5 and 6). The central programme team will manage the placement process, and make sure you are always assigned to an RTC throughout the years, so you know who will support you year on year.